I'm a mom with the ultimate goal of being healthy. This blog will outline my meal plan (and recipes) for the next 8 weeks with an ultimate goal of losing 8 pounds (1 lb/week). I want to teach people to eat well, live well, shop local and prepare their food from local ingredients when possible. Respect the earth and yourself by eating food and using products that aren't harmful to us or the earth. This blog is not just about weight loss but about giving your body the nutrition it needs to be at it's best every day. Enjoy!

Friday, August 19, 2011

so many vegetables!

Do you ever wonder what to do with all of the extra vegetables in your fridge?  I often need to clean out before my next CSA is delivered.  This week I made a delicious concotion that was similar to a stuffed pepper and thought I would share!

First sautee the vegetables in olive oil. I used light green peppers, green peppers and an jalepeno (basically any peppers you have in the fridge), onion, garlic, and lots of diced tomatoes (I used everything I had, mostly cherry tomatoes)

In another pan I cooked 1 lb ground beef with 1 - 2 T worcestershire sauce and more garlic.  This recipe would taste good with any protein, beans, chicken, you name it.  But after eating chicken for 5 days I needed red meat :)

And in yet another pan I cooked 1/2 c quinoa with 1 1/4 c water.  You cook quinoa like rice, bring the quinoa and water to a boil and then reduce heat and let cook for 10 - 15 minutes.  i cook mine until the "eye" pops out but some people like theirs a little more crunchy.

Once everything is cooked add to one pan and let the flavors simmer for about 10 minutes or until you are ready to eat!

I just invested in a dishwasher which has greatly reduced my cleanup time :)

1 comment: