I'm a mom with the ultimate goal of being healthy. This blog will outline my meal plan (and recipes) for the next 8 weeks with an ultimate goal of losing 8 pounds (1 lb/week). I want to teach people to eat well, live well, shop local and prepare their food from local ingredients when possible. Respect the earth and yourself by eating food and using products that aren't harmful to us or the earth. This blog is not just about weight loss but about giving your body the nutrition it needs to be at it's best every day. Enjoy!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Chicken Chili - another use for my 5 lb chicken roaster

Of course I meal planned Chili for the hotest day this week, but my guess is this is going to be good.  I found another use for my leftover chicken!  And once again I have most of the ingredients in my fridge, either from my dad's garden or my CSA.  Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 (18.75 ounce) can tomatillos, drained and chopped/bottle of salsa verde
2 fresh tomatoes chopped
1 jalapeno
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 ears fresh corn
1 pound diced, cooked chicken meat
1 (15 ounce) can white beans
1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste

Directions
Add all ingredients to a slowcooker and let it cook for about 8 hours on low
garnsh with cheese, sour cream, cilantro ....

No comments:

Post a Comment