I'm a mom with the ultimate goal of being healthy. This blog will outline my meal plan (and recipes) for the next 8 weeks with an ultimate goal of losing 8 pounds (1 lb/week). I want to teach people to eat well, live well, shop local and prepare their food from local ingredients when possible. Respect the earth and yourself by eating food and using products that aren't harmful to us or the earth. This blog is not just about weight loss but about giving your body the nutrition it needs to be at it's best every day. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tomatoes Tomatoes Tomatoes

Today I was fortunate enough to get a gigantic bag of tomatoes and mild peppers from my Dad's garden.  Since chili season is right around the corner I decided to make a nice chili base and freeze it, I can smell it simmering now and it tastes delicious and fresh.  I cannot wait to use it this fall and remember all of the wonderful tastes and smells of a summer garden :)

Peel and cut up tomatoes, I squeezed out some of the excess juice and removed as many seeds as I could without wasting too much time (they don't bother me much).
put tomatoes into a large pan, add some olive oil, a head of garlic, a couple mild peppers, onion ... anything you like or need to use up!
Simmer on low/medium heat until cooked down
Pour the contents into a food processor-for chunkier sauce/blender-for smooth sauce and whoala you have a base for chili or spaghetti!  Freeze if you want to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment