I'm a mom with the ultimate goal of being healthy. This blog will outline my meal plan (and recipes) for the next 8 weeks with an ultimate goal of losing 8 pounds (1 lb/week). I want to teach people to eat well, live well, shop local and prepare their food from local ingredients when possible. Respect the earth and yourself by eating food and using products that aren't harmful to us or the earth. This blog is not just about weight loss but about giving your body the nutrition it needs to be at it's best every day. Enjoy!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Egg Bake

I am fortunate to have an egg share with my CSA, this means I get a dozen eggs every week during the 20 week summer CSA.  Here is a simple recipe to use up eggs, my 2 year old loves the potatoes.  I think next time I will add some onions and greens, maybe Kale or Spinach when it comes back in fall during the cooler weather.  I seasoned on the plate, I don't like to add salt to recipes if it's not necessary.

Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed or leftover potatoes
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
8 eggs
2 cups milk
Directions1.In a large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese and salt. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth; pour over hash brown mixture.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes until golden. Top with the remaining cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment