I'm a mom with the ultimate goal of being healthy. This blog will outline my meal plan (and recipes) for the next 8 weeks with an ultimate goal of losing 8 pounds (1 lb/week). I want to teach people to eat well, live well, shop local and prepare their food from local ingredients when possible. Respect the earth and yourself by eating food and using products that aren't harmful to us or the earth. This blog is not just about weight loss but about giving your body the nutrition it needs to be at it's best every day. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Apple cider vinegar "tea"

I had a discussion with a friend earlier today regarding the apple cider vinegar "tea" i drink daily and wanted to share it with you.  Apple cider vinegar is purported to treat numerous diseases, health conditions, and annoyances. To name a few, ease digestion, wash "toxins" from the body and boost your immune system.  I use it to help control cholesterol and nighttime heartburn (one of my lingering pregnancy symptoms).  I recommend using local honey which helps with seasonal allergies.  Think about it ... the bees pollen is a mixture of all the allergens in your area and you are slowly building up your immunity to these allergens by eating their honey.  I used to be allergic to everything under the sun and I no longer have any allergies (allergist tested).  There are 2 actions I contribute to this phenomena 1. eating foods I can digest allowing my immune system to fight off the envirnmental allergend and 2. drinking 2 T of local honey every day.

add to a coffee cup:
1 T unfiltered raw apple cider vinegar
2 T local honey
fill with warm/hot water

It may take a while to adjust to the favor but if you have a good honey it will help cover up the apple cider vinegar.

disclaimer: this is not medical advice and is only my opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment