I'm a mom with the ultimate goal of being healthy. This blog will outline my meal plan (and recipes) for the next 8 weeks with an ultimate goal of losing 8 pounds (1 lb/week). I want to teach people to eat well, live well, shop local and prepare their food from local ingredients when possible. Respect the earth and yourself by eating food and using products that aren't harmful to us or the earth. This blog is not just about weight loss but about giving your body the nutrition it needs to be at it's best every day. Enjoy!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Cabbage Cilantro Lime Slaw - SO DELICIOUS!

My daughter and I had a picnic this evening and soaked up (literally) the sun until we got rained out and moved to the porch.  The cabbage lime cilantro slaw was on our menu and I have to say that I LOVED it and so did my 2 year old.  It was the perfect salad for a hot summer dinner.  I highly suggest you try this recipe, simple and delicious!  I plan to use it on chicken salad and sloppy joes over the next day or 2.

Cabbage Lime Cilantro Slaw
Ingredients
1/2 large head of red cabbage (or 1 very small head - they're just often enormous), outer leaves removed
2 limes
1 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp local honey
Directions
1. Thinly slice the cabbage (I used a food processor and grated it) and wash the cilantro, pulling the leaves off the stems.
2. Juice the limes and add the honey and salt, stirring until the honey has dissolved into the liquid.
3. Toss the cabbage with the lime juice, honey, salt mixture and add the cilantro - stir well to combine. I let it sit over night so all the flavors would come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment