I'm a mom with the ultimate goal of being healthy. This blog will outline my meal plan (and recipes) for the next 8 weeks with an ultimate goal of losing 8 pounds (1 lb/week). I want to teach people to eat well, live well, shop local and prepare their food from local ingredients when possible. Respect the earth and yourself by eating food and using products that aren't harmful to us or the earth. This blog is not just about weight loss but about giving your body the nutrition it needs to be at it's best every day. Enjoy!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Meal Plan 7/16

Sorry for the delay, I'm not sure what I am going to do for dinner tonight since we might venture out to a local festival.  My lunch is roasting in the oven as I type ... roasted chicken stuffed with lemon, garlic scapes and lemon tyme.  I also prepared the slaw this morning and it is going to be a summer treat!  Lots of slaw, left over chicken, fresh fruits and veggies over the next few days since I doubt I'll want to cook during the heat wave.

breakfast:
1 c unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop Outpost brand vanilla whey protein powder
1 fresh banana

morning snack:
2 scrambled eggs
1 c watermelon

lunch:
1/2 c roasted chicken
1 c apple fennel slaw (in a lettuce wrap) - I'm super excited to try this!

afternoon snack (by the way my 2 year old loves greek yogurt and granola):
1/2 c Greek Gods honey greek yogurt
1/4 c Outpost french vanilla almond granola
10 sugar snap peas
3 radishes

dinner:
undecided

No comments:

Post a Comment