I'm a mom with the ultimate goal of being healthy. This blog will outline my meal plan (and recipes) for the next 8 weeks with an ultimate goal of losing 8 pounds (1 lb/week). I want to teach people to eat well, live well, shop local and prepare their food from local ingredients when possible. Respect the earth and yourself by eating food and using products that aren't harmful to us or the earth. This blog is not just about weight loss but about giving your body the nutrition it needs to be at it's best every day. Enjoy!

Monday, July 11, 2011

zuccini and tomato stew

From "Harvest Eating", p 66
2 T olive oil
1/4 c minced onion
2 garlic cloves
2 c diced zuccini
1 c diced tomatoes
2 T minced fresh basil
2 T grated parmesan cheese

sautee onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute
add zuccini and tomatoes and cook for 20-25 minutes
add basil and cheeseat the end of the cooking time

*I use garlic scapes instead of onions and garlic, or other garlic/onion substitutes from the farm share.  I also used summer squash since I was out of zuccini.

This goes great with quinoa or pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment